Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Assessment of Me

I think that brutal honesty is absolutely necessary on my journey to looking and feeling more like the girl I want to be. That said, this post will be about assessing where I am right now in my transition from male to female.

First, the ugly truth: I weigh 229 lbs and have a 43 inch waist. I'm a size 16/XL/38B.Yeah, I said it. I am only 5 ft. 8 inches tall, so if I can slim down, I have a reasonable chance of passing as a woman. Other things working in my favor: my voice is not particularly deep and my hands are not particularly large. My feet are another story, but we'll leave them out of this.

My make-up skills are sub-par, though I've come a long way from where I used to be. I have a complete make-up selection, but I'm just not particularly skilled at putting it on for maximum effect. YouTube does seem to be chalk full of advice on the topic and I can always turn to one of my female friends for advice when I need it.

My female friends - there are a few who know about my t-girl status. Coley is my bestest, but she is out of state right now. Melly is a good friend too, but she's occupied with her boy right now and I can't deluge her with requests for make-up support. I have one other good friend, Joy, but she's so pissed at me for being a non-op when I really want to be a post-op, that she and I aren't on speaking terms right now.

I have taken hormones for about 2.5-3 months in my life at this point, always off and on and with gaps in between. That's given me a good deal of breast tissue to work with, which does flatter my shape when I'm dressed. I need to work on creating cleavage though - I see from YouTube that other tgirls have come up with some ingenious ways to do it.

Where do I want to be? Glad you asked. I'd like to be a size 6 and weigh 139 lbs or less. That's a big goal, but its the truth. My waist should be under 30 inches, ideally, though I haven't been there since I was a little boy. That's ok; I have a plan. My plan is to follow the good health advice I've been gathering and ignore for a long time. Here's what I am going start doing now:

  • Keep track of my calories each day; Eat no more than 2300 calories a day
  • Weigh myself and measure my waist once a week and write down the results in this blog
  • Drink more water and get 8 hours of sleep each night - no more being a serious late owl
  • Exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. Mix it up. Cardio but also core training work.
  • Stop drinking pop and eating fast food - its terrible for me and I overcomsume it regularly
That's it. I'm pretty sure that if I follow these rules (in moderation - all things in moderation), then I should shed some pounds and start to take on a sexier shape. Words of encouragement and advice are always welcome, so feel free to comment on this post or email me at kate@grandcircuspark.com anytime.

Wish me luck!

~Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment